There are a number of ways of developing android apps and one of them is through the programming language Kotlin. Kotlin is a cross-platform, statically typed, general-purpose programming language with type inference.
The purpose of this article is to share all the necessary information needed to help someone who wants to start developing android apps using Kotlin.
What You Should Know
- Have some understanding of the general software development process for object-oriented apps using an IDE (integrated development environment) such as Android Studio.
- Have at least one year of experience in object-oriented programming, with at least an understanding of Java and Kotlin.
What You’ll Learn
- How to build a basic Android app in Android Studio.
- How to create an Android project from a template.
- How to find the major components of an Android project.
- How to run an Android app on an emulator or physical device.
In the course, you will create a new Android project and a default app called HelloWorld. Run the HelloWorld app on a virtual and physical device.
Article Source: Google Codelabs.